Half the problem of getting the right style and preventing damage is the type of hairbrush you use. Most damage happens when the hair is wet, and if you detangle with a steel comb, you are probably making most of the damage yourself. Do you have curly hair and no matter how your straighten it, you always have a wave?
Here are some Hair-Brush Solutions.
- When combing wet hair use a big tooth come and detangle your hair from end to root. Try not to touch the root at all.
- For short hair use a Paddington brush with soft protective bristles as you shape and blow dry your hair to your sought after look.
- If you need to tease your hair for a little height, use a pick.
- For medium length straight hair, use a Paddle Brush with soft protective bristles to help you comb out and blow dry your hair.
- For medium length wavy bobs use extra large round brush to blow out the kinks and curls.
- For longhair past your shoulders use a thick, loose toothed brushed or a big round ceramic brush to help you blow dry you long hair straight. Flip the ends out if you want to be a little sassy with the same brush, creating two looks.